Wednesday, October 24, 2012

K to 12 VS TESDA







On my 1st year here in manila, I saw this building "TESDA" on my way to the school. And I ask my parents "What is it?" and my parents replied that it was school that enhancing your vocational skills. Today, K-to-12 is already implementing to the Philippines, I was wondering if TESDA will compete to this educational program. Because TESDA can give job for how many months only after graduating in high school than going to college with 3-5 years. Then, I do my research.

Based on the Inquirer, there is this article named “TESDA head says k+12 Program won’t affect agency” made by the Cebu Daily News. In this article, Joey Villanueva, TESDA Secretary Genral, said that TESDA would not be affected by the k to 12 program because they still have the authority to give competency certificates to those who completed vocational courses in TESDA.

Employers in our country and especially overseas, require submission of certificates that serves as a proof of their competence in certain skills and fields. That this kind of certificate TESDA can provide.

Mr. Villanueva clarify that TESDA wasn’t competing to schools/colleges/universities. TESDA was giving an option to people choose their possible career paths in the agency.

TESDA is not competing with the DepEd program. The agency only offers courses that will enrich your skills that will applicable on some jobs. In k to 12 program, it included vocational skills. That’s way there is a issue that k to 12 program will affect the TESDA agency.

1 comment: